To our new Pre-K students and families:
Hello! We are excited to have you join our early learning community!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3! Begin the registration process by reviewing the PreK Registration steps below to get started.
FREE DVISD Pre-K is available to all DVISD students regardless of state-required qualifications listed below.
To be eligible for enrollment in the State-Mandated, No Cost, Full Day Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1st of the starting school year, live in the district, and must meet one of the following criteria.
Be educationally/economically disadvantaged (eligible for free/reduced lunch program); or
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language (an oral exam will need to be scheduled); or
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or,
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Children of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code;
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.