To our new Pre-K students and families:
Hello! We are excited to have you join our early learning community!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3! Begin the registration process by reviewing the PreK Registration steps below to get started.
FREE DVISD Pre-K is available to all DVISD students regardless of state-required qualifications listed below.
To be eligible for enrollment in the State-Mandated, No Cost, Full Day Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1st of the starting school year, live in the district, and must meet one of the following criteria.
Be educationally/economically disadvantaged (eligible for free/reduced lunch program); or
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language (an oral exam will need to be scheduled); or
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or,
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Children of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code;
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Step 1: Gather Documents
The following information is needed to complete PRE-K Student Enrollment.
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License, Matricula, or Photo ID
- Proof of Immunization: Immunization Requirements
- Withdrawal form from the previous school district
- Last report card, test scores, unofficial transcript, special program documentation (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence: Current utility bill, current lease, current mortgage statement, Certificate of Residence
- Legal Documents: Educational Power of Attorney, Form 2085 (CPS/Foster Care), Guardian Custody, Court Documents (Divorce Decrees, Temporary Placements/Guardianship, Restraining Order, etc.)
- Documentation of Student Identity (Order a Texas Birth Certificate)
- Over age 11 examples: birth certificate, statement of birth from Texas Department of State Health Services, Driver’s license, passport, military ID, hospital birth record, or adoption records.
- Under age 11 examples: a certified copy of the birth certificate is required per Code of Criminal Procedures, Article 63.019. If you are unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate within 30 days from enrollment, or up to 90 days from enrollment for a child not born in the United States you must provide one of the examples for over age 11 and a signed note explaining why you are unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate.
Step 2: Register Online
If you have no students currently registered at Del Valle ISD:
- Create your Family Access account by clicking here. Account creation can take up to 48 hours.
- If you do not receive an email with account information, please check your junk/spam folder. If you need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-386-3048.
- Note, if you are returning to Del Valle ISD after having been withdrawn, you will need to request a new account. If you currently have students enrolled in DVISD and would like to enroll an additional student (ex: sibling of active/current student), please see the returning students tab for instructions.
What information will I need?
- Family/Guardian Information
- Emergency Contact Information
- Information Regarding any Medical Conditions
- Information Regarding any Food Allergies
If you have students currently registered at Del Valle ISD and would like to add a new student:
Use your DVISD Skyward Family Access account to register a new student. Click here to log in.
If you need assistance accessing your Skyward Family Access account, please contact email@example.com or call 512-386-3048.
- After logging in to Skyward Family Access, select the New Student Online Enrollment tab on the left side of the screen. Complete all information to complete the registration process for your new student.
Step 3: Confirmation
Once you complete the online process no further action is needed on your part.
If more information is needed, or we did not receive all the required documents, we will ask you to set up an appointment to come in to complete your registration.