DVISD Current Covid-19 Protocols - Jan. 2, 2022 Update
We look forward to welcoming our students back from Winter Break! As we return, we want to provide an update to families and staff after Austin Public Health moved into Stage 4 of the Covid-19 guidelines.
With the Omicron variant spreading in the Austin area, Del Valle ISD remains committed to the health and safety of staff and students by keeping our Covid-19 protocols in place.
Current Covid protocols
- Masks are required for all students, staff, and visitors to DVISD buildings, according to the school board’s resolution that remains in place.
- Any staff or students who are ill should not come to school and follow absence procedures.
- Staff and students who receive a positive Covid-19 test should email information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional guidelines and information is available at www.dvisd.net/covid19
Symptoms to watch for:
- 99.6 F or higher for adults (per City of Austin Order),
- 100.0 F or higher for children (per Texas Education Code and recommended by Austin Public Health Guidelines.)
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- chills, muscle pain
- headache, sore throat
- fatigue, congestion/running nose
- new loss of sense of taste or smell
Updated isolation recommendations
After careful consideration, DVISD will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated guidance for quarantine.
- Individuals who test positive for Covid-19 should isolate for 5 days.
- Return to school is permitted on day 6 if the individual is asymptomatic or symptoms have resolved with no fever.
- If symptoms have not resolved or the individual has a fever, isolation should continue until symptoms have resolved.
- An updated decision map is available at dvisd.net/covid19.
Free Covid testing for staff and students
- Drive-up rapid tests for symptomatic staff and students are available daily from 7:30-9:30 a.m. at the DVISD Administration Building and require pre-registration at https://www.dvisd.net/covidtest
- Students who become symptomatic at school can be tested in the nurse’s office, with parent permission.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends everyone ages 5 years and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19.
- Free vaccines are available every Saturday at Dailey Middle School (14000 Westall St.) or the DV Opportunity Center (5301 Ross Rd.) from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- For other vaccine clinics in the Austin area, visit https://www.austintexas.gov/covid19-vaccines.
- DVISD continues to explore additional vaccination opportunities for our staff and students and will share any updates as these clinics are available.
DVISD will continue to monitor information from Austin Public Health when making decisions on Covid protocols. As a reminder, Monday, January 3 is a staff development day, and students will return on Tuesday, January 4.