Transportation Welcome Letter
Del Valle ISD Families,
As we start the new school year, the DVISD Transportation Department looks forward to welcoming students back on board district buses. If your child may be a bus rider at DVISD, please read the following information about our transportation services for the 2022-2023 School Year.
The purpose of this letter is to provide information on bus services provided by the Transportation Department. In order for a student to ride a bus the student must be registered for school and provide a current address in the Del Valle ISD boundaries.
Returning students must confirm their registration and address - visit https://www.dvisd.net/rs
New students must complete their registration process - visit https://www.dvisd.net/welcome
Bus routes for 2022-2023 School Year
Routes for all students will be provided by text and or email to the contact information of the primary parent registered in Skyward on August 5, 2022 by 2:00 pm. Routes will also be listed in the SmartTag Parent Portal. Instructions for this portal are below.
- All students enrolled by August 5, 2022 10:00 am will be routed on a bus for the first day of school. Any student added after this date may have a one to two day delay to allow time for the route to be adjusted, the department will strive to accommodate all students by August 8, 2022.
- Del Valle ISD is experiencing an increase in the number of students needing transportation services. Many of the routes will require students to sit two and or three students per seat. The transportation staff will review each route to determine if any changes need to be made based on the number of students riding a route.
- Changes to the route times, locations, and bus numbers will be communicated through the text messaging process for the contact information of the primary parent registered in Skyward for the student.
- Notification of any changes to a route will be made the same day, however, the effective date of the change will be delayed to allow all students on the route to be notified of the change.
Bus stop locations
The bus stop pick-up time, drop-off time and location may change as students are added or removed from a route. Updates to route information will be sent when via text and or email to the contact information of the primary parent registered in Skyward.
- Bus stop locations are determined by the proximity of students riding the bus, road conditions, access for the bus to maneuver and safety of the students. Bus stops in neighborhoods with cul de sacs, narrow streets, or limited access for turnaround locations may have group stops at a safe location for all students in a specific area to board or depart the bus.
- Transportation staff review all routes and stops to ensure the stop locations are accessible and safe for the students assigned to the route. There may be bus stops which are adjusted according to the traffic patterns, construction, student needs, and or safety concerns as needed after a thorough evaluation of any changes.
Smart Tag - Find My Bus
All students riding a bus will receive a SmartTag ID which they will use to scan when they get on and off the bus. This system provides the district and parents with real-time information about bus locations. In addition, it provides drivers with information to ensure students are on the correct bus and get off at the correct stop.
SMART Tag Parent Portal Sign up for SMART Alerts and receive emails or text messages regarding your child / children's scheduled bus stop. Learn more at this link: Smart Tag Parent Portal
To login to the Parent Portal, please visit dvisd.net/smarttag
For more information please visit the Transportation FAQs: Transportation Frequently Asked Questions.
As you know, population growth within Del Valle has prompted road construction near multiple DVISD schools. This construction is outside of the district’s control and we ask that parents make plans for heavier traffic in these construction areas as we start the school year. Parents should also consider having students ride the bus to school to reduce traffic, if a bus route is available in their neighborhood. Please also understand that we anticipate some bus delays due to these projects. The district has plans in place to assist with traffic flow throughout the school year. This includes deploying Del Valle ISD Police Officers to manage traffic intersections and assist with traffic flow in and out of our schools.
Projects impacting DVISD schools:
FM 969 at Gilbert Road
FM 1626 near Creedmoor
William Cannon Drive through Easton Park
Ross Road Expansion and related projects
Highway 71 Construction
Again, these projects are outside of the district’s control, the district continues to communicate with the City of Austin, Travis County, and TxDOT with traffic concerns on public roads around all DVISD schools.
We ask for your continued understanding and cooperation during campus student drop off and pickup each day.