Become a Substitute in DVISD
Substitutes are a valued asset to DVISD and we honor the contribution our substitutes provide DVISD students and campuses on a daily basis. It has been identified that in the thirteen years of a child’s education, from Kindergarten to twelfth grade, a typical student will have had a substitute teacher for the equivalent of almost one full year. DVISD strives to seek out individuals interested in serving as a substitute for our 15 campuses within the school district. Del Valle ISD is actively seeking substitutes for: Classroom Instruction, School Nurse, and Child Nutrition/Custodial support.
Requirements to Become a Substitute in DVISD:
(1) At least a High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
(2) Valid Acceptable Documentation for employment
(3) Fingerprinting Background Check
DVISD Substitute Pay Rate
We offer competitive substitute pay and gradual pay increases with the first 60 days – download the pay rate information here: Substitute Pay Scale
Substitutes are additionally paid by half day and full day – download the full and half day pay rates here: Substitute Pay Scale – Full and Half Day
Nurse Substitute Pay Rate: RN: $20.00/hr ($160.00 Daily), LVN: $16.00/hr ($128.00 Daily), CNA/Medical Assistants: $12.00/hr ($96.00 Daily)
Steps to become a Substitute in Del Valle ISD:
1. Complete the online application and include at least one (1) past supervisor e-reference on your application.
2. Applicants with no previous fingerprinting background check in Texas will have to be fingerprinted ($50.00 out of pocket expense paid by applicant).
3. Complete all electronic on boarding requirements through TalentEd Records.
4. Attend the required DVISD Substitute Orientation. Ensure that you RSVP with HR prior to your arrival.
5. Furnish Human Resources staff with Acceptable Documentation for employment.
4. Submit documentation of High School Transcripts/GED or College Transcripts within 30 days for possible pay rate adjustments.
Upcoming Substitute Orientation
Substitute Orientation dates will be posted soon.
Individuals interested in applying for a position as a substitute can apply using the Career link or through the direct links below:
Substitute: Instructional Positions – Instructional Substitute Flyer
Substitute Exclusively at the Child Development Center – CDC Substitute Flyer
Substitute: School Nurse – School Nurse Substitute Flyer
Substitute: Child Nutrition and Custodial Positions Substitute Flyer