SMD 2 Vacancy Information
At the Del Valle ISD Board of Trustees meeting on June 20, trustees voted to acknowledge a Trustee vacancy in Single Member District 2.
Per the Education Code 11.060, since more than one year remains in the term, the board has to fill the vacancy not later than the 180th day from when the vacancy occurred. In response, the Board is actively seeking applicants for the Single Member District 2 seat.
The qualifications to be a candidate for the Single Member District 2 school board vacancy are as follows:
- Be a registered voter;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have not been convicted of a felony;
- Reside in Texas for at least 12 months;
- Reside within the territory of Del Valle ISD for at least six months; and
- Currently reside within District 2 (no time requirement)
If you have questions, please contact 512-386-3010 or email DVISDSMD2@dvisd.net.