Board Meeting Briefs – October 20, 2020
Consider and Act on Asynchronous Instructional Plan
The Board of Trustees approved the DVISD Asynchronous Instructional Plan.
On Tuesday, Sept. 15th DVISD was notified that its Asynchronous Instructional Plan was approved by TEA with no revisions or questions from the agency. Tonight, administration presented the TEA approved plan to the Board for final board approval.
As part of the resolution adopted by the Board in the spring, Dr. Tielle approved the submission of the asynchronous plan in response to the COVID 19 pandemic. The plan was developed using input gathered from the board throughout the summer as well as input from staff and community. The plan outlines the district’s instructional approach, campus schedules, professional development, and curriculum.
Consider and Act on Armko Industries Roofing Consultant Design Fees for Del Valle High School
The Board of Trustees approved Roofing Consultant Design fees for Del Valle High School Roofing Project.
Replacing the roofing system periodically is necessary as part of any life cycle replacement for building maintenance.
The roof replacement at Del Valle High School is part of the 2019 bond program. The Construction and Planning office has engaged Armko Industries roofing consultants to analyze the condition of the existing roof system, define a scope of work and negotiate a fee proposal for their design services on this project using a stipulated sum contract framework. The roofing consultant fees proposed in this item are included in the voter approved budget for this project.
The voter approved budget for this project is $3,300,000.00.
The construction budget for this project is $2,640,000.00.
A brief scope of work for Armko Industries design and construction administrative services is listed below:
• Prepare construction documents for the defined scope of work to include roofing plans, roofing details and roofing specifications.• Assist DVISD during the bidding phase by attending pre-proposal meetings, providing clarification to questions from contractors and issuing bid addendums should the need arise.
• Review submittal from the contractor, provide weekly observations reports to the owner, and attend pre-construction and pre-installation meetings.
• Provide oversight during the construction process to ensure design intent and design compliance from the general contractor.
A breakdown of Armko Industries roofing consultant fees is listed below:
Replacement roof design services: $163,000.00
Reimbursable expense allowance: $ 800.00
Consider and Act on Design Fees for MEP Engineering, Inc. on the Del Valle High School Rooftop Air
The Board of Trustees approved design fees for Air Conditioning Equipment Replacement Project at Del Valle HS.
Air-conditioning equipment life cycle replacement drives the need to replace the equipment on the building periodically.
The rooftop air conditioning equipment and cooling tower replacement project at Del Valle High School is part of the 2019 bond program. The Construction and Planning office has engaged MEP Engineering, Inc. consultants to analyze the condition of the existing air conditioning system, define a scope of work and negotiate a fee proposal for their design services on this project using a stipulated sum contract framework. The mechanical engineering consultant fees proposed in this item are included in the voter approved budget for this project.
The voter approved budget for this project is $5,200,000.00.
The construction budget for this project is $4,160,000.00
A brief scope of work for MEP Engineering, Inc. design and construction administrative services is listed below:
• The HVAC scope is limited to the replacement of the roof mounted equipment located on the roof and the two cooling towers.
• Lead the coordination with the structural and roofing consultants during the design and bidding period.
• Assembling drawings that will be issued for the Competitive Sealed Proposal delivery method.
• Review contractor equipment submittals for design compliance prior to approval and ordering of equipment.
• Provide periodic site visits, as needed, to verify and confirm the installations/replacements comply with the design.
A breakdown of MEP Engineering, Inc. mechanical engineering consultant fees is listed below:
Replacement roof design services: $ 80,800.00
Reimbursable expense allowance: $ 800.00
The Board approved action items that were discussed during Closed Session.
Board Meeting videos are available online at http://delvalleisdtx.swagit.com/board-meetings/
Board Meeting agendas are available online at https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicHome.aspx?ak=227910