WHEN IS PRE-K 2020-21 REGISTRATION?
Pre-K registration is now open.
Pre-K registration is a two-step process that includes registering online and also providing documents to confirm your child qualifies. You can register your child online. Start the registration online process now by visiting our registration page.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FREE PUBLIC-SCHOOL PRE-K?
A child is eligible for enrollment in free Pre-K if he or she is at least 4 years of age on or before September 1 and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged; eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States or a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Is or has ever been in foster care
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
To learn more about eligibility, visit https://tea.texas.gov/academics/early-childhood-education.
HOW OLD DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO BE TO ENROLL IN PRE-K?
Your child must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2020, to enter the DVISD Pre-K program.
A child who is 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year is not eligible for enrollment in a Pre-K class but may enroll in kindergarten.
DOES DEL VALLE ISD OFFER FULL-DAY OR HALF-DAY PRE-K?
Del Valle ISD offers full-day FREE Pre-K services to all eligible 4-year-old students.
WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL DAYS AND HOURS?
Del Valle ISD Pre-K programs align with the regular academic calendar and run Monday- Friday as outlined below:
7:35 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Full Day)
7:35 a.m. – 11:35 p.m. (Early Release)
DOES DEL VALLE ISD OFFER AFTER-SCHOOL CARE FOR PRE-K?
Most Del Valle ISD schools provide after-school care. Please contact your campus for more details.
DOES DEL VALLE ISD OFFER DUAL LANGUAGE PRE-K PROGRAMS?
Yes. Del Valle ISD offers a dual language Pre-K program for 4-year-old students at many of our elementary campuses.
WHAT DO CHILDREN LEARN IN PRE-K?
Del Valle ISD follows the Texas Education Agency’s Pre-K Guidelines. Students will have fun while developing the following skills:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Communication
- Emergent Literacy Reading
- Emergent Literacy Writing
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
- Physical Development and Health
To learn more about the Pre-K guidelines visit the Texas Education Agency’s Pre-K website.
DO STUDENTS HAVE NAP TIME IN PRE-K?
Nap/rest time is included in the Del Valle ISD Pre-K full-day schedule.
WHAT SCHOOL WILL MY CHILD ATTEND FOR PRE-K?
All Pre-K students will be registered at their home school. Please click here to learn which campus your address is zoned for, making it your home campus.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR PRE-K REGISTRATION?
During online registration, you must have the following documents available as applicable:
- PreK Proof of Eligibility
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License, Matricula, or Photo ID
- Proof of Immunization: Immunization Requirements
- Withdrawal form from the previous school district (if applicable)
- Last report card, test scores, unofficial transcript, special program documentation (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence: Current utility bill, current lease, current mortgage statement, Certificate of Residence
- Legal Documents: Educational Power of Attorney, Form 2085 (CPS/Foster Care), Guardian Custody, Court Documents (Divorce Decrees, Temporary Placements/Guardianship, Restraining Order, etc.)
- Documentation of Student Identity (Order a Texas Birth Certificate)
- Over age 11 examples: birth certificate, statement of birth from Texas Department of State Health Services, Driver’s license, passport, military ID, hospital birth record, or adoption records.
- Under age 11 examples: a certified copy of the birth certificate is required per Code of Criminal Procedures, Article 63.019. If you are unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate within 30 days from enrollment, or up to 90 days from enrollment for a child not born in the United States you must provide one of the examples for over age 11 and a signed note explaining why you are unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF I DO NOT HAVE A COMPUTER OR PHONE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION?
Del Valle ISD campuses have computers on-site that can be used for registration. To ensure a device and space is available, please contact your nearest campus to arrange for registration assistance.
DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN THE DEL VALLE ISD BOUNDARY FOR MY CHILD TO ATTEND PRE-K?
Currently, the Del Valle ISD Pre-K program is limited to students who reside inside District boundaries.
WHAT IF I WOULD LIKE MY CHILD TO ATTEND PRE-K AT A CAMPUS OTHER THAN OUR “HOME CAMPUS”?
Parents of Pre-K students must register their child at their home campus here.
Transfers will only be granted if space is available at the requested school. However, the window to request a transfer is currently closed.
WHAT IF MY CHILD DOESN’T MEET THE FEDERAL GUIDELINES FOR FREE PRE-K?
At this time, the Del Valle ISD Pre-K program is unavailable for students who do not meet federal guidelines,
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
Please contact Lindsey King, Literacy Coordinator, at 512-386-3836 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.