Dear DVISD Parents and Guardians,
During this time, many of our students may be experiencing some anxiety and fears due to news and events we are currently facing due to COVID-19. We want you to know that the Del Valle counseling team is concerned about the well being of every student and is available to answer any academic questions and provide support for any emotional concerns they may have while we are away from school. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us, we are here to help.
We hope the following resources are helpful. Be Well. . . Stay Safe. . . and We look forward to seeing you soon. – Del Valle ISD Counselors
Virtual Hugs Counseling Program
As a part of the districts E-Learning plan, all DVISD counselors will offer services through our Virtual Hugs Counseling Program. Counselors at each campus will offer virtual counseling sessions to students via Google Hangouts and Zoom. Individual appointments are available Monday through Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Daily Communication via Google Classroom & Email (academic advising)
- Counseling Sessions via Google Hangouts & Zoom (social/emotional support)
- Weekly Guidance Lessons (character education)
- Weekly College & Career Activities (post-secondary readiness)
- Weekly Spirit Activities (social connections)
If a student would like to talk to their counselor, they should submit a self referral form through email or submita Google meeting request here: (insert Google request link). Once the request is received, their counselor will send a calendar invite with the date and time of the scheduled meeting. Be sure to check your email for additional announcements. If parents would like to meet with a Counselor, they should follow the same procedures as their student.
Resources for Anxiety & Stress
- Guided Imagery – Guided imagery (or visualization) is a therapeutic technique that has been used for centuries. By creating images in the mind, a person can reduce pain, stress and other symptoms associated with his or her condition. The more specific the visualization, the more therapeutic it will likely be.
- Stress/anxiety Relief and Relaxation Apps
- Social & Emotional Skills Development
- Helping Children Cope – Tips for Parents and Caregivers
General Mental Health Resources