How do I apply for the Single Member District (SMD) 2 Board position?
For your application to be considered, you must complete and submit ALL sections listed below.
1. A letter of interest.
2. A resume detailing all involvement with the Del Valle Community and School District
3. Consent for Criminal Background Check
(hard copies available in the Superintendent’s Office or download and print an electronic copy HERE)
All submissions must be received in the Superintendent’s Office (located at 5301 Ross Road, Del Valle, 78617) by 4:30 p.m. on April, 1, 2019.
Who can apply?
The qualifications to be a candidate for the Single Member District 2 school board vacancy are as follows:
- Be a registered voter;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have not been convicted of a felony;
- Reside in Texas for at least 12 months;
- Reside within the territory of Del Valle ISD for at least six months; and
- Currently reside within district 2 (no time requirement). A Click HERE for the Single Member District Map of Del Valle ISD.
How will I know if I am selected?
If selected, applicants will be contacted for an interview with the selection committee. Depending on the size and quality of the applicant pool, more than one interview may be requested. The board will appoint the selected candidate for Single Member District 2 on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at the regular board meeting.
New Board Members Sneak Peak!
Important Dates to Remember
- April 1, 2019: Deadline to return application paperwork to Superintendent’s Office
- April 16, 2019: Board appointment of selected SMD 2 candidate